About the Phillip England Center
A professional, well-appointed theater with comfortable, swing up cushioned burgundy seating for 424 patrons. Audience area is handicap accessible, handsomely carpeted with stage ramps and wide, numbered, well-lit aisles. Professional audio, lighting, rigging, staging, large dressing rooms, spacious Lobby with a ticket booth and large restrooms.
- The stage is 39’x 90’ wooden black-painted with a 54’wide by 20’ tall opening.
- Burgundy main, front, opening curtains. Side, overhead and back curtains are black.
- About 16 downstage XLR microphone jacks, 2 jacks for stage monitors, electrical outlets and 4-stage pockets with 3 twist lock outlets. Stage manager theater panel located to stage right. Telex communication jacks located on both sides of the stage.
- Wenger 7.5’ x 3’ risers in three heights: 8”, 15” and 24” (4 of each size). Wenger acoustical shells about 15’ high.
- Seventy-five folding chairs. Forty-five concert style burgundy cushioned chairs.
- Music stands and conductor podium.
- Thirty-six channel rigging with 12 channels currently in use.
- Computer-video equipment with screen: Professional video projection system, DVD, and multi-audio video inputs accommodated.
- Large 35’ x 22’ movie presentation screen.
- Internet access on stage or in the projection booth.
- Professionally designed men’s and women’s dressing rooms with adjoining bathrooms. Dressing room areas are spacious, well-lit with 40 running feet of counters, mirrors with rows of lights and sinks. Dressing rooms may also be used as practice or warm-up areas.
- Backstage storage consists of two levels of secure 20’ x 20’, caged storage for equipment, scenery, and props.
- A large acoustically designed choir room (40’ x 40’) may be used as a practice or warm-up room.
A large 10’ wide by 18’ high overhead door separates the backstage area from the stage. Another overhead door (10’ x 11’) provides access to the backstage from outside the building.